Fulbright-Nehru fellowship 2024-25: Apply Now
Apply for the prestigious Fulbright-Nehru Fellowship 2024 and study, research or teach in the USA. Fulbright-Nehru Fellowship is open to all. The Fulbright-Nehru Fellowship Program offers an opportunity to Indian scholars to pursue research, teaching or study in the USA in 2024.
Fulbright-Nehru Academic And Professional Excellence Fellowships
Fulbright scholarship for Indian students
The Fulbright-Nehru Academic and Professional Excellence Fellowships aim to provide Indian faculty, researchers, and professionals with the opportunity to teach, conduct research, or combine teaching and research at a U.S. institution. Applications are invited by USIEF for a Fulbright scholarship for Indian students. Interested and eligible candidates must check out the details below:
|Name of the organization||United States-India Education Foundation|
|Fellowship Programme||Fulbright-Nehru Academic And Professional Excellence Fellowships 2024-25|
|Application deadline||July 17, 2023|
|Programme begins||August/September 2024|
Applications are invited in the following fields :
- Agricultural Sciences: study of farming and agriculture
- Anthropology: a study of human societies and cultures
- Bioengineering: application of engineering to biological systems
- Chemistry: the study of substances and their properties
- Computer Science: study of computers and computational systems
- Earth Sciences: study of the Earth’s physical properties
- Economics: the study of how societies allocate resources and create wealth
- Education Policy and Planning: the study of policies and practices related to education
- Energy Studies: the study of energy sources and consumption patterns
- History: study of past events and their impact on society
- Language/Literature/Linguistics: study of languages and literature
- Materials Science: study of materials and their properties
- Mathematical Sciences: the study of mathematical structures and patterns
- Neurosciences: study of the nervous system and its functions
- Performing Arts: the study of the performing arts
- Physics: the study of the natural world and its properties
- Political Science: study of politics and government
- Psychology: the study of human behaviour and mental processes
- Public Health: a study of population health and disease prevention
- Public Policy: a study of government policies and their impact on society
- Sociology: the study of social structures and relationships
- Urban and Regional Planning: study of planning and design for cities and regions
- Visual Arts: the study of visual arts
- Women’s and Gender Studies: study of gender and its impact on society.
Timeline and Placement Process:
|July 17, 2023||Application deadline|
|September 2023||Review of the applications|
|Early October 2023||USIEF informs the applicants about the review outcome|
|Early November 2023||Interviews of short-listed candidates|
|Mid-November 2023||USIEF notifies principal and alternate nominees.|
|December 2023||USIEF forwards applications of recommended candidates to the U.S. for J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FFSB) approval and placement|
|April 2024||USIEF notifies the finalists about the FFSB approval|
|May/June 2024||Pre-Departure Orientation|
|August/September 2024||Fulbright-Nehru Fellowship Program begins|
Eligibility Criteria: Fulbright-Nehru Fellowship Program
In addition to General Prerequisites,
- To apply for the fellowship program, certain requirements must be met
- For faculty members or researchers:
- Ph.D. degree
- At least 5 years of experience in teaching, research, or relevant professional work
- For professionals outside of academia:
- Master’s degree
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Applicants must submit a recent significant publication not exceeding 30 pages
- The publication must be uploaded online as part of the application
- If employed, applicants must follow the instructions for obtaining the employer’s endorsement:
- The employer must indicate leave will be granted for the fellowship period
- Applicant must obtain endorsement from the appropriate administrative authority on Letter of Support from Home Institution
Application Process: Fulbright-Nehru fellowship 2024
- Applications must be submitted online at: https://apply.iie.org/fvsp2024/
- Please carefully review the FNAPE Applicant Instructions before starting your online application
- Please refer to FNAPE Applicant Checklist before submitting the application.
- In addition, you must complete and upload the FNAPE Letter of Support from the Home Institution on your online application.
The Application Deadline is July 17, 2023.
Selection Process: Fulbright scholarship for Indian students
Experts will review all eligible applications. Applicants recommended by the experts will be required to appear for an interview with the USIEF National Selection Committee.
Selection panels will generally use the following criteria to evaluate applications:
- Academic credentials and professional ability
- The merit of the proposed Fulbright project
- Communication skills
- Commitment to community or national service
- Need to conduct research in the U.S.
- Outcomes, Potential Impact and Benefits
- Motivation, Seriousness of Purpose, Maturity, Leadership, Cultural Adaptability
- Ability to contribute as a cultural ambassador beyond his/her specific field of study
Grant Benefits Of The Fulbright-Nehru Fellowship 2024 :
The fellowships provide
- J-1 visa support
- Monthly stipend
- Accident and Sickness Program for Exchanges per U.S. Government Guidelines
- Round-trip economy class air travel
- Modest settling-in allowance
- Professional allowance.
You can apply for only ONE Fulbright-Nehru fellowship category during a competition cycle.
Candidates cannot apply for Fulbright-Nehru and Fulbright-Kalam grants in the same academic year.
Plagiarism in the application will lead to disqualification.
Unless otherwise specified, Fulbright-Nehru applications are to be submitted online.
Applications received after the deadline will NOT be considered.
Extensions and Transfer of visa sponsorship will not be permitted.
Prospective Fulbright participants should be aware that public health conditions, availability of consular services and travel, as well as U.S. institutional operating status and policies may affect their ability to travel to the U.S. and participate in academic programs.
These fellowships are for four to nine months
For any queries contact:
To Know more about the fellowship:
Also Read :
Join SACHIN’S BIOLOGY on Instagram or Facebook to receive timely updates and important notes about exams directly on your mobile device. Connect with Mr. Sachin Chavan, the founder of Sachin’s Biology and author of biologywala.com, who holds an M.Sc., NET JRF (AIR 21), and GATE qualifications. With SACHIN’S BIOLOGY, you can have a direct conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced professional in the field of biology. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to enhance your exam preparation!