NTA Percentile to Rank Converter: 2 Simple steps to Calculate AIR NOW
2 Simple steps to calculate All India Rank from NTA Score: NTA Percentile to Rank Converter
How to Calculate All India Rank from NTA Score
Calculating All India Rank (AIR) from National Testing Agency (NTA) Score is an essential step for students who have appeared for various entrance exams such as JEE Main, NEET, UGC NET, etc. Knowing your rank can give you an idea of where you stand compared to other students who appeared for the exam.
In this article, we will guide you through the two simple steps to calculate your All India Rank from your NTA Score.
NTA has released the Score Card for CSIR NET JRF EXAM. There they have given the percentile scores of all the candidates. Traditionally in CSIR NET JRF EXAM, we use to get total marks out of 200 and the rank like this:
But since NTA conducting the CSIR NET JRF Exam many things have changed. One of them is result structure and chronology of result. Now we get results like this:
In this article, we will learn how to calculate the AIR from the given NTA Score (CSIR NET Percentile calculator)
Things you should know to calculate the Rank :
- Your NTA Score from your Score Card.
- Number of candidates appeared in exam this year (Category wise numbers if you want to calculate for any particular category).
- Calculator and Basic calculation skills (which you have already).
Now let’s see exactly how to calculate the Rank from CSIR NET Percentile calculator:
To calculate the Rank we will take an example of Mr. Akshay. He has got 90.9170415 NTA Score according to his Score Card. He belongs to OBC category, so for him we can calculate two rank one with General (without reservation) All India Rank and the other one with OBC (with reservation).
1st let’s calculate the general category rank. For that as we know we need two values NTA Score and Total number of candidate appeared in exam (Note: here we don’t need registered candidates as they won’t influence your Percentile and not part of exam process anymore).
So in case of Mr. Akshay in June 2020 total number of candidates appeared in the CSIR NET JRF JUNE 2020 EXAM is 63,892 and his NTA Score is 90.9170415. Now let’s put these two value in the formula given by NTA.
Two simple steps:
- Find the ‘X’.
- Minus the ‘X’ from total number of students appeared in the exam. And you will get your Rank
Formula: CSIR NET Percentile calculator
(Tip: Rotate your phone to view the formula in correct orientation)
NTA Score x Total number of candidate appeared in Exam X = ________________________________________________________________ 100
90.9170415 x 63,892 X = __________________________________________________ 100
X = 90.9170415 x 638.92
X = 58088
Now minus this X from Total number of candidate appeared in Exam and you will get your rank.
Rank = 63892 - 58088
Rank = 5804th
So, Mr. Akshay has got ALL INDIA RANK 5804.
In this way you can calculate your own All India Rank.
Now let’s calculate the rank from the category:
Now let’s calculate the Category rank of Mr. Akshay. The formula is simple just replace the value of total number of candidates appeared in exam with number of candidates appeared in OBC Category ! Here is list of all categories :
If the above image is not clear then you can download the original official pdf.
Now in Mr. Akshay case in OBC there were 20661 candidates appeared in exam if we use the formula in OBC Mr. Akshay will have AIR 1877(OBC).
Some Important things you should know :
- This is the approximate All India Rank. But with help of this you can have the Idea about your position in ranking.
- The students who have more than 99 percentile in NTA score they have fair chance to get JRF (Those who didn’t able get it or has less NTA percentile Score below 99 need not feel demotivate as next CSIR NET will be there soon, it just matter of few days).
- The percentile score that NTA has given is separate for every Part A, B and Part C.
- The final NTA percentile is not an average of the 3 Parts. But these are the normalized percentile.
- As we all know that this year in 2020 the exam was conducted in two shift that is the reason NTA has normalized the score which is a good move by NTA .
- Now important thing is how they have done it? No one knows it’s totally dependent upon NTA how they have normalized the score and how they want to assess it!
If you still have doubts about 2 Simple steps to calculate All India Rank from NTA Score or want daily notes and updates about exams on your mobile then you can join SACHIN’S BIOLOGY on Instagram or on Facebook and can directly Talk to founder of Sachin’sBiology and Author of biologywala.com Mr.Sachin Chavan M.Sc. NET JRF (AIR 21) GATE MH-SET.
Take the 1st step of your CSIR NET JRF Life Science preparation journey by attempting one of these 5 quizzes: