sarthi fellowship for phd 2023|Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj National Research Fellowship (CSMNRF-2023) for M.Phil/Ph.D: Program Overview
Learn about the Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj National Research Fellowship (CSMNRF-2023) program, eligibility criteria, and application process for M.Phil/Ph.D students.
Introduction : sarthi fellowship for phd 2023
Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj Institute Of Research, Training and Human Development (SARATHI) Pune is a research funding organization that provides support and resources to researchers in India. CSMNRF – 2023 is a fellowship program initiated by Sarathi for M.Phil/Ph.D candidates of Maratha, Kunbi, Maratha-Kunbi, and Kunbi-Maratha communities. If you are considering applying for an M.Phil/Ph.D fellowship, this blog will help you navigate the application process.
|Name of fellowship program||Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj National Research Fellowship (CSMNRF-2023)|
|Starting date of application||29 March 2023|
|Last date of application||15 May 2023|
|Last date of receipt of the hard copy of application||25 May 2023|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Target group||Maratha, Kunbi, Maratha-Kunbi, & Kunbi-Maratha castes|
CSMNRF-2023 Eligibility: sarthi fellowship for PhD 2023
1. The Candidate must be domiciled in Maharashtra and must be from Maratha / Kunbi / Maratha-Kunbi / Kunbi-Maratha Castes. (EWS / Caste Certificate issued by the Competent Authority is COMPULSORY).
2. Candidate’s Family Income from all sources should not exceed Rs. 8 lakhs per annum (Non-Creamy Layer candidates only)
3. The Candidate must be Confirmed registered for M.Phil. or Ph.D. or Integrated M.Phil. Ph.D. on/after 25 March 2022.
4. Age of the applicant should not exceed more than, 45 years as of the date of 31 Dec 2022.
5. In case there is a tie-up between candidates/the number of candidates exceeds the number of available slots, SARTHI will select the candidate based on the percentage of marks obtained by them in their qualifying Post Graduation examination.
6. Admission to M.Phil. / Ph.D. Course in Distance education mode is not covered under this Fellowship.
1. 50% of Fellowships are Reserved for Women Candidates from the Target Group.
2. 5% Fellowships are Reserved for Persons with Disability from the
Financial Assistance: CSMNRF-2023 funding
|M.Phil – @ Rs. 31000/- p.m. for 2 years (CSMNJRF)|
Ph.D – @ Rs. 31000/-p.m. for 1st & 2nd year (CSMNJRF)
@ Rs. 35000/- p. m. for 3rd, 4th& 5th yearsubject to providing upgradation
|Contingency A||Humanities & Social Sciences – @ Rs. 10000/- p.a. for initial 1st & 2nd year|
@ Rs. 20500/- p.a. for 3rd, 4th, & 5th year
|Contingency B||Sciences, Engg. &Technology – @ Rs. 12000/- p.a. for initial 1st & 2nd year|
@ Rs. 25000/- p.a. for 3rd, 4th, & 5th year
|Escorts / Reader|
|@ Rs. 2000/- p.m. in case of physically handicapped & blind candidates (For all disciplines)|
|HRA||As per Govt. norms (For all disciplines)|
List of documents for the submission along with the application form :
- Valid system-generated printouts of the online application form.
- Research Proposal / Synopsis Submitted to the University by the candidate at
the time of registration.
- Caste Certificate or EWS Certificate issued by the Competent Authority.
- Non-Creamy Layer Certificate issued by Competent Authority or 3 year
Previous income certificate
- Ph.D. / Integrated M.Phil. Ph.D. Confirmed Registration Letter allotted by
Concerned University (In case of pursuing PhD / Integrated M.Phil. Ph.D.)
- M.Phil. Admission Letter allotted by the Concerned University (In case of
pursuing an M.Phil.)
- M.Phil. / Ph.D. / Integrated M.Phil. Ph.D. Admission fees or Registration fees
- Domicile Certificate issued by the Competent Authority.
- Graduation Marksheet
- .Graduation Certificate.
- Post-Graduation Marksheet.
- Post-Graduation Certificate.
- NET Qualifying Certificate (if uploaded in the online application)
- SET Qualifying Certificate (if uploaded in the online application)
- Bonafide Certificate / School Leaving Certificate Photo copy.
- Income Certificate (Current year)
- Aadhar Card
- Voter ID / Passport / Permanent Driving License / PAN Card.
- Disability Certificate issued by the Competent Authority.
- Gazette (In case of a change in name)
The following documents with a Self-attested Photocopy of the candidate’s
eligibility and identity are to be invariably submitted at SARTHI OFFICE.
The financial assistance shall be admissible to the candidates from the date of issue of the award letter by Sarathi for the remaining period of the candidate’s M.Phil/Ph.D
For more information download the official notification and instruction pdf:
Also Read –
Join SACHIN’S BIOLOGY on Instagram or Facebook to receive timely updates and important notes about exams directly on your mobile device. Connect with Mr. Sachin Chavan, the founder of Sachin’s Biology and author of biologywala.com, who holds an M.Sc., NET JRF (AIR 21), and GATE qualifications. With SACHIN’S BIOLOGY, you can have a direct conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced professional in the field of biology. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to enhance your exam preparation!