CSIR NET JRF EXAM 2023: Application, Registration Eligibility, Exam Pattern.
“Ready to take on the CSIR NET JRF Exam 2023 and ace it? This guide has got you covered with all the information you need to apply, register, and excel in the exam. From eligibility criteria to exam pattern, we leave no stone unturned in ensuring you’re well-prepared for the June 2023 or December 2022/June 2023 sessions. Get ready to unlock your full potential and achieve your dream of becoming a CSIR NET JRF fellow. Let’s dive in and make this your year!”
“The dates for the upcoming CSIR NET JRF Exam in June 2023 have been tentatively scheduled for the 6th, 7th, and 8th of June. However, the exact timings for the exam will be announced on the official website in due course. Stay tuned for further updates.”
Important Information: csir net jrf
|Exam Name||CSIR UGC NET (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test)|
|Exam Dates||6th, 7th and 8th June 2023|
|Last Date for Application||10th April 2023 (Upto 05:00 PM)|
|Last date for successful transaction of Examination fee||10th April 2023 ( Upto 11:50 PM)|
|Correction in the Particulars of Application Form online only||12th April 2023 to 18th April 2023|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Exam frequency||Twice a year ( June & December)|
|Exam mode||Online only|
|Exam Purpose||Selection of candidates for the award of JRF or determining eligibility for appointment LS|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||0120-6895200|
|Official Website|| https://csirhrdg.res.in/Home |
- Please read the instructions, procedure and Information Bulletin carefully before you start filling out the Application Form.
- Candidates can apply ‘ON-LINE’ only through the official website: https://csirnet.nta.nic.in.
- Please ensure your eligibility as per the criteria laid down for CSIR-UGC NET.
- Examination Fees
|EXAMINATION FEE DETAIL|
|General EWS, OBC-NCL (Central-List)||Rs. 550/-|
|SC/ST/Third Gender||Rs. 275/-|
- Processing charges and Goods & Service Taxes (GST) are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable.
- The fee may be submitted through Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card/UPI.
Application Procedure: csir net jrf
Steps to be followed to apply online –
Step 1:Registration Form:
Register for the Online Application Form and note down the system generatedApplication Number. The candidate should supply the required details while filling out the Online Application Form and is also required to create a PASSWORD and chooseSecurity Question and enter his/her Answer. After successful submission of the personal details, an Application number will be generated and it will be used to complete the remaining Steps of the Application Form and will also be required for all future reference/correspondence. For subsequent logins, the candidate will be able to log in directly with the respective system-generated Application Number and created Password.
Step 2:Application Form :
The Candidates can log in with the system-generated Application Number and pre-created Password for completing the Application Form including filling up personal details, applying for the Paper, providing the details of EducationalQualifi cations, and uploading the images and documents (if any).
Upload Scanned Images of the Candidate’s Photograph, Signature, CategoryCertifi cate (wherever applicable), PwD Certificate (wherever applicable) and result Awaiting Certificate (wherever applicable)
1. The recent photograph should be coloured or black/white (but with clear contrast).
2. Scanned photograph and signature should be in JPG format.
3. Size of the scanned photograph should be between 10 kb to 200 kb.
4. Size of the scanned signature should be between 4 kb to 30 kb.
5. Size of the scanned copy of the certificates should be between 10 kb to 300kb.
[Note: The Candidate has to upload only his/ her photograph, signature, and certify ate(s) as mentioned above (and not of anybody else) in a correct/proper manner, as the facility for correction will not be given in the future. In case, it is found at any time in the future that the Candidate has used/uploaded the photograph, signature, and certificate (s) of someone else in his/her ApplicationForm/Admit Card, or
he/she has tempered his/her AdmitCard/Result/Scorecard, these acts of the candidate shall be treated as UnfairMeans (UFM) Practices.]
Please check your photograph and signature before submitting the application Form. In case the photograph or signature is blurred or not visible to identify the identity of the candidate then, the application will be rejected and no option for correction or revision will be permitted.
Step 3: Pay Examination Fee by Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card/UPI :
The candidate has to select the Net banking/Debit card/Credit card/UPI option to pay the application fee and follow the online instruction to complete the payment of a fee. After the successful payment, the candidate will be able to print the confirmation Page. In case the Confirmation Page is not generated after the payment of the fee then the transaction is cancelled and the candidates have to approach the concerned bank for a refund of the amount. However, the candidate has to make another payment/transaction, in case the Confirmation Page is not generated.
THESE STEPS CAN BE DONE TOGETHER OR SEPARATELY ALSO.
Important Instruction about PASSWORD
- During online form filling, the candidate will be required to choose PASSWORD and
Security Question and its Answer. The candidate is advised to record/remember their
password for all future logins.
- For subsequent logins, candidates will be able to log in directly with their respective system
generated Application Number and the chosen Password.
- The candidate is advised not to disclose or share their password with anybody. Neither NTA
nor NIC will be responsible for the violation or misuse of the password of a candidate.
- Candidates can change his/her passwords after login if desired.
- Candidates should remember to log out at the end of their session so that the particulars
of the candidate cannot be tampered with or modified by unauthorized persons.
The Password must be as per the following Password policy.
- Password must be 8 to 13 characters long.
- Password must have at least one Upper case alphabet.
- Password must have at least one Lower case alphabet.
- Password must have at least one numeric value.
- Password must have at least one special character eg.!@#$%^&*-.
- How to reset your Password: The following options are available to reset your Password
- Using Security Question & the Answer you chose during Form filling.
- Using a verification code sent via text message (SMS) to your Registered Mobile No.
- Using a reset link sent via Email to your Registered Email address.
- The Application Number printed on the computer-generated Confirmation Page must be
mentioned in all such correspondences. It is therefore essential to note down the application
number printed on the Confirmation Page.
- Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate. More than one application i.e. Multiple
application forms submitted by a candidate will be rejected.
- Applicants applying under reservation should ensure having valid certification and would require
to provide them when asked for.
Eligibility criteria: CSIR NET JRF EXAM
Essential educational qualification –
I) M.Sc. or equivalent degree/ Integrated BS-MS/ BS-4 years/ BE/ B. Tech/ B. Pharma/ MBBS with at least (without rounding off)
*Candidates enrolled for M.Sc. or having completed 10+2+3 years of the above qualifying examination as of the closing date of online submission of the Application Form, are also eligible to apply in the above subject under the Result Awaited (RA) category
II) B.Sc. (Hons.) or equivalent degree holders or students enrolled in an Integrated MS- PhD program with at least (without rounding off)
55%^ – General (UR)/General-EWS
*Candidates possessing only Bachelor’s degree are eligible to apply only for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and not for Lectureship (LS)/Assistant Professor.
III) B.E./ B.S./ B.Tech./ B.Pharma/ MBBS final year/result awaited candidates are eligible to apply for fellowship only. These candidates will not be eligible for Lectureship/Assistant professor. B.Sc. (Hons.) final year/Result awaited candidates are not eligible to apply.
Age limit –
(a) JRF: Maximum 28 years (relaxable up to 5 years in case of SC/ST/Third gender/Persons with Disability (PwD) / female applicants and 03 years in case of OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) applicants)
(b) Lectureship (LS)/ Assistant Professor: No upper age limit.
Exam pattern :
|LIFE SCIENCES||PART A||PART B||PART C||TOTAL|
|Max No. of questions to attempt||15||35||25||75|
|Marks for each correct answer||2||2||4||200|
|Marks for each incorrect answer (Negative marking for parts A, B & C is @ 25%)||0.5||0.5||1||–|
*The candidate is required to answer a maximum of 15, 35 and 25 questions from Part-A, Part B and Part C respectively. If more than the required number of questions are answered, only the first 15, 35 and 25 questions in Part A, Part B and Part C respectively will be taken up for evaluation.
Need more detailed information? then download the Information Booklet:
If you are ready then let’s fill out the form:
You also like:
Join SACHIN’S BIOLOGY on Instagram or Facebook to receive timely updates and important notes about exams directly on your mobile device. Connect with Mr. Sachin Chavan, the founder of Sachin’s Biology and author of biologywala.com, who holds an M.Sc., NET JRF (AIR 21), and GATE qualifications. With SACHIN’S BIOLOGY, you can have a direct conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced professional in the field of biology. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to enhance your exam preparation!