International Science Olympiad 2023-24: Everything You Need To Know
Learn all about the International Science Olympiad, including registration, syllabus, and the exam dates. Find out what you need to do to participate in this prestigious competition.
What is the International Science Olympiad?
The International Science Olympiad (ISO) exam is a worldwide academic competition that allows students from various schools across different countries to participate. It is an event that brings together students who excel in the field of science. It provides a platform for budding talents to test and showcase their skills in various scientific disciplines. The Indian Talent Olympiad (ITO) conducts the International Science Olympiad. The ITO team responsible for conducting the Olympiad exams consists of professionals from various science fields who understand the exact requirements of students. The test questions are based on applied science and uplifts the existing knowledge of students on different topics of physics, chemistry, and biology.
The International Science Olympiad has two levels i.e. Science Annual Olympiad and Science Monthly Olympiad. The students from class 1 to 10 are eligible to participate in International Science Olympiad and the exam is conducted in both ONLINE and OFFLINE mode.
Science Annual Olympiad
- Science annual olympiad conducted every year by Indian Talent Olympiad. These exams are conducted twice, in December and February respectively.
- The Annual Olympiads consists of 35 questions for class 1 to class 4 and 50 questions for class 5 to class 10. The Annual Olympiad Exam can be taken in online/offline mode. The online exam of Science conducted for 45 minutes.
- Offline Exams are conducted within the school premises by giving OMR sheets and question paper and the duration for offline exam is 65 minutes.
Science Monthly Olympiad
- These exams are conducted every month from home. The Monthly Olympiad, also known as the Online Olympiad.
- Students can take monthly exams anytime between 10:00 am and 6:00 pm on the particular exam dates.
- The test duration for the Monthly tests is 25 minutes per test.
- Being an online test, it includes features such as audio recording, video recording, image capture, and eyeball recognition. These elements ensure complete transparency in the exam.
International Science Olympiad Registration
- Students can register through their school or can register individually from the Indian Talent Olympiad (ITO) official website.
- The registration process is online which happens within no time. For the registration schools need to share the name of participants and their classes with the team of ITO.
- Students enrolling individually can take the exam from their respective homes.
- The student can contact their subject teacher for enrolling in the Olympiad Science exams.
The last date to register for the Olympiad exam for 2023-24 is mentioned below. Individual Students and schools can register before the last date to enroll for this academic year.
|LAST DATE FOR SCHOOL REGISTRATION||15th September 2023|
|LAST DATE FOR REGISTRATION BY INDIVIDUAL STUDENT||31st October 2023|
Click below to register yourself for International Science Olympiad 2023-24 :
International Science Olympiad Syllabus
International Science Olympiad exam syllabus is based on the existing school curriculum. The International Science Olympiad (ISO) is open for students from class 1 to class 10. It teaches them scientific concepts in the most practical way. Students of class 1 are introduced to basic topics of science such as plants, animals, good habits, earth, sky, transport, etc. The complexity of topics gradually increase as the syllabus moves to the next level.
Because of the additional knowledge provided by the Olympiads, students develop a good command of different topics at an early age. It leverages their potential to perform better than others in their school exams.
International Science Olympiad 2023-24 Exam Dates
International Science Olympiad exam dates are different for online and offline examinations. Students participating individually need to follow the online exam dates of slot-1 and slot-2. School can refer to the dates of offline exam.
For Round 1, the online Annual Olympiad Exam is conducted in 2 slots and students can select the slot of their choice. Students who qualify in the first Round need to give the Second round exam.
|Exam||Exam Dates||Take Exam From|
|ANNUAL OLYMPIAD EXAM (ONLINE)||Slot 1 – 8th Dec 2023|
Slot 2 – 12th Jan 2024
|ITO mobile app|
|ANNUAL OLYMPIAD EXAM (OFFLINE)||4th Jan 2024||School|
Students appearing for Online Monthly Olympiad Test can refer to the dates given on official website.
How To Prepare For International Science Olympiad?
If you are still pondering on the most effective ways to get ready for the Science Olympiad, then here are some of the strategies that will enable you to excel and successfully ace the International Science Olympiad (ISO).
- Familiarize yourself with the syllabus.
- Practice a diverse range of questions of varying complexity.
- Review and attempt previous year’s question papers.
- Immerse yourself in the concepts and revise thoroughly.
- Comprehend and grasp the pattern of the exam.
- Gain proficiency in answering questions of different levels of difficulty.
- Seek assistance and support from experts.
- Acquaint yourself with the format and structure of the exam.
- Efficiently manage and allocate your time.
- Maintain a high level of motivation and enthusiasm.
The International Science Olympiad (ISO) is not difficult to crack but requires students to be well aware of the syllabus and practice different questions. Students can purchase the study materials for Science Olympiad like workbooks and previous year question papers for class 1 to class 10 on Indian Talent olympiad official website.
International Science Olympiad FAQ’s
Who is eligible to participate in International Science Olympiad ?
The students from class 1 to 10 across the countries can participate in science olympiad.
How is the International Science Olympiad conducted ?
The exam is conducted annually as well as monthly in both online/offline mode.
What is the syllabus for International Science Olympiad ?
The syllabus for Science Olympiad is same as proposed by schools. It caters to all boards namely CBSE, ICSE, and other State Boards respectively.
What are the prizes and awards for the International Science Olympiad?
Scholarships, cash prizes, gadgets like laptops and tablets, certificates of merit are made available for the meritorious students. A cash prize of Rupees 1 Lac is allotted to the first 8 students who achieve 1st Rank at the National Level. The 10 students obtaining 2nd Rank at National Level are honored with a cash prize of Rupees 40,000.
If you’re looking for a convenient way to receive daily notes and exam updates on your mobile device, consider joining SACHIN’S BIOLOGY on Instagram or Facebook. As a member, you’ll have direct access to Mr. Sachin Chavan M.Sc. NET JRF (AIR 21) GATE, MH-SET, the founder of Sachin’sBiology and author of biologywala.com. Stay ahead of the curve and join our community today!