[Download] Free Microbiology An Introduction Book PDF 13th Edition
[Download] Microbiology An Introduction Book PDF 13th Edition recommended by experts in the field of biology. This Microbiology An Introduction Book PDF 13th Edition will help you to enhance your knowledge about Microbiology from a basic level like the Evolution of microbes industrial applications like fermentations.
The download link is at the end of this article, you can directly go there and [Download] Microbiology: An Introduction Book PDF 13th Edition but it is recommended that before downloading Tortora microbiology pdf you should read about it, to get the most out of Tortora microbiology pdf.
About tortora microbiology PDF:
Name: Microbiology: An Introduction
Author: Gerard J. Tortora, Berdell R. Funke, Christine L. Case.
About the Authors:
Gerard J. Tortora:
Jerry Tortora is a professor of biology and former biology coordinator at Bergen Community College in Paramus, New Jersey. He received his bachelor’s degree in biology from Fairleigh Dickinson University and his master’s degree in science education from Montclair State College. He has been a member of many professional organizations, including the American Society of Microbiology (ASM), the Human Anatomy and Physiology Society (HAPS), the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), the National Education Association (NEA), and the Metropolitan Association of College and University Biologists (MACUB).
Berdell R. Funke:
Bert Funke received his Ph. D., M.S., and B.S. in microbiology from Kansas State University. He has spent his professional years as a professor of microbiology at North Dakota State University. He taught introductory microbiology, including laboratory sections, general microbiology, food microbiology, soil microbiology,
Christine L. Case:
Chris Case is a professor of microbiology at Skyline College in San Bruno, California, where she has taught for the past 46 years. She received her Ed.D. in curriculum and instruction from Nova Southeastern University and her M.A. in microbiology from San Francisco State University. She was Director for the Society for Industrial Microbiology and is an active member of the ASM. She received the ASM and California Hayward outstanding educator awards.
The thirteenth edition has retained the features that have
made this book so popular:
- An appropriate balance between microbiological fundamentals and applications, and between medical applications and other applied areas of microbiology. Basic microbiological principles are given greater emphasis, and health-related applications are featured.
• Straightforward presentation of complex topics. Each section of the text is written with the student in mind.
• Clear, accurate, and pedagogically effective illustrations and photos. Step-by-step diagrams that closely coordinate with narrative descriptions aid student comprehension of concepts.
• Flexible organization. the Microbiology: An Introduction Book PDF has organized in what we think is a useful fashion while recognizing that the material might be effectively presented in other sequences. For instructors who wish to use a different order, we have made each chapter as independent as possible and have included numerous cross-references. The Instructor’s Guide provides detailed guidelines for organizing the material in several other ways.
• Clear presentation of data regarding disease incidence. Graphs and other disease statistics include the most current data available.
• Big Picture core topic features. These two-page spreads focus on the most challenging topics for students to master: metabolism (Chapter 5), genetics (Chapter 8), and
immunology (Chapter 16). Each spread breaks down these important concepts into manageable steps and gives students a clear learning framework for the related chapters. Each refers the student to a related Micro Flix video accessible through Mastering Microbiology.
• Big Picture disease features. These two-page spreads appear within each chapter in Part Four, Microorganisms and Human Disease (Chapters 21–26), as well as Chapters 18 (Practical Applications of Immunology) and 19 (Disorders of the Immune System). Each spread focuses on one significant public health aspect of microbiology.
|Chapter No:||Content||Page No.|
|PART ONE||Fundamentals of Microbiology|
|1||The Microbial World and You||27|
|3||Observing Microorganisms Through a Microscope||77|
|4||Functional Anatomy of Prokaryotic and Eukaryotic|
|7||The Control of Microbial Growth||204|
|9||Biotechnology and DNA Technology||268|
|PART TWO||A Survey of the Microbial World|
|10||Classification of Microorganisms||295|
|11||The Prokaryotes: Domains Bacteria and Archaea||321|
|12||The Eukaryotes: Fungi, Algae, Protozoa, and|
|13||Viruses, Viroids, and Prions||387|
|PART THREE|| Interaction between Microbe|
|14||Principles of Disease and Epidemiology||419|
|15||Microbial Mechanisms of Pathogenicity||449|
|16||Innate Immunity: Nonspecific Defenses of the Host||471|
|17||Adaptive Immunity: Specific Defenses of the Host||501|
|18 Practical Applications of Immunology 525|
|19||Disorders Associated with the Immune System||550|
|PART FOUR||Microorganisms and Human Disease|
|21||Microbial Diseases of the Skin and Eyes||616|
|22||Microbial Diseases of the Nervous System||645|
|23||Microbial Diseases of the Cardiovascular and|
|24||Microbial Diseases of the Respiratory System||714|
|25||Microbial Diseases of the Digestive System||747|
|26||Microbial Diseases of the Urinary and Reproductive|
|PART FIVE Environmental and Applied|
|27||Environmental Microbiology ||812|
|28||Applied and Industrial Microbiology||835|
Sachin’s Biology surely recommends Microbiology An Introduction Book PDF 13th Edition for all microbiology as well as life science students for their graduation and post-graduation too.
Do comment below if you like Plant Systematics by Gurcharan Singh PDF Book 3rd edition blog and if this blog helped you, it means a lot and will give us the energy to work with the same enthusiasm in future! This is it for today. See you in the Next article, Thank you!
You will also like :
If you want important notes and updates about exams on your mobile then you can join SACHIN’SBIOLOGY on Instagram or Facebook and can directly talk to the founder of Sachin’s Biology and Author of biologywala.com Mr.Sachin Chavan M.Sc. NET JRF (AIR 21) GATE MH-SET.